The Business Operations team is responsible for securing advertising contracts with high-profile companies to ensure The Daily Californian’s financial success. As a business consultant, you will prospect, service, and maintain key relationships with current and potential advertising clients. Our team identifies new revenue growth opportunities and fosters mutually beneficial partnerships with local and national businesses. Business consultants also work with marketing, distribution, and production departments. Applicants should be persuasive, resilient, and persistent. Strong candidates are able to craft tailored solutions for clients, engage with companies to secure deals, have a drive for outreach and prospecting, and have a leadership and mentorship history.
No previous experience with sales or technical tools is necessary.
- Eligibility to work in the United States (international students are eligible to work as volunteers)
- Required: Resume (PDF)
- Recommended: Cover letter
- Interview (invitation only)
- Analyze business profiles and trends using historical QuickBooks and data to develop comprehensive, data-informed growth strategies.
- Committed to following through with clients and advertising deals throughout the semester.
- Strengthen relationships with our clients by communicating regularly through interactions in our CRM database.
- Be familiar and passionate about The Daily Californian’s offerings to tailor solutions to client needs appropriately.
- Handle both inbound and outbound sales prospects to convert interest into a deal. Commission awarded per deal closed.
- 7 hours a week (in-office)
- Mandatory weekly individual check-ins*
- Mandatory weekly team meetings
- Reduced workload option: The Daily Cal understands that some applicants may have disabilities and/ or extenuating circumstances that would prevent them from working a full workload, such as a necessary, paying job that takes up a significant amount of time outside of classes. If this is the case, applicants may choose to apply for a reduced workload position.
Business Consultants have the opportunity to advance as senior business consultants, assistant operations managers, or operations managers.