Animators work with video producers to produce animations for video footage as well as individual animated projects that will be published on our official YouTube channel and other social media platforms. The ability to use Adobe After Effects and Animate is important to the position. Video and audio editing capabilities are a plus, but not required.
- Resume (PDF, about one page in length)
- Cover letter (PDF, about one page in length)
- Animation samples
- Please either save your animations as video files or create a single PDF with links to your clips.
- Interview (invitation only)
- Occasional projects
- Weekly multimedia staff meeting
- Reduced workload option: The Daily Cal understands that some applicants may have disabilities and/ or extenuating circumstances that would prevent them from working two full days per week, such as a necessary, paying job that takes up a significant amount of time outside of classes. If this is the case, applicants may choose to apply for a reduced workload position, which would involve working one day per week instead of two.
- Staffers may serve as a music producer and another position at the same time.
- After serving as an animator, a staffer may go on to become the deputy multimedia editor or the multimedia editor.