Music producers work alongside video producers and animators to create music for video projects and/or weekly podcasts that will be published on our official YouTube and social media channels. The ability to use music software (anything from Garageband, Logic, Adobe Audition, etc.) is not required but recommended.
Podcast producers edit Daily Cal podcasts and have the opportunity to produce their own episodes/show under departmental guidance. Audio production experience is not required. Any editing experience is preferred!
Staffers may serve as a music producer and another position at the same time.
- Resume (PDF, about one page in length)
- Cover letter (PDF, about one page in length)
- At least one audio sample, between 3 and 15 minutes long
- Please either save your clips as audio files or create a single PDF with links to your clips.
- Interview (invitation only)
- Podcast/music projects
- Weekly multimedia staff meeting
- Reduced workload option: The Daily Cal understands that some applicants may have disabilities and/ or extenuating circumstances that would prevent them from working two full days per week, such as a necessary, paying job that takes up a significant amount of time outside of classes. If this is the case, applicants may choose to apply for a reduced workload position, which would involve working one day per week instead of two.
- After serving as a music producer, a staffer may go on to become a deputy multimedia editor or the multimedia editor.