As part of the Daily Cal’s new production photography team, you’ll capture and edit images of the city of Berkeley and the UC Berkeley campus for both long-term and short-term marketing projects.
Along with working on advertising campaigns and award-winning projects such as the Food and Drink Guide and Media Kit, production photographers also have the chance to build their portfolios and to develop the Daily Cal’s in-house creative agency, INK.
Because the position is brand new, we are seeking applicants who can bring fresh ideas to the table about how to best use photography to engage advertisers and readers.
- Resume (PDF)
- Portfolio (link or PDF)
- Interview (invitation only)
- Capture and edit photos of the Daily Cal, the city of Berkeley and the UC Berkeley campus
- Contribute to long term marketing/advertising projects like the Food and Drink Guide, the Daily Cal’s Media Kit and its Branding Kit
- Time commitment for the role is around 1-2 hours a week
- Reduced workload option: The Daily Cal understands that some applicants may have disabilities and/ or extenuating circumstances that would prevent them from working a full workload, such as a necessary, paying job that takes up a significant amount of time outside of classes. If this is the case, applicants may choose to apply for a reduced workload position.
- After serving as a production photographer, staff members have the opportunity to work as a night producer or on the Daily Cal’s in-house creative agency. The position is also a potential avenue to the managing publisher position, and it has close ties with the design and marketing departments.